Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lydia's Eating Solids!

Lydia is doing something new...so of course we must document it by photograph and share it with the world! We're such proud parents. =) Here is Lydia's first food critique.


"I had heard nothing but rave reviews about this hip and up-and-coming place where adults like to eat called 'The Kitchen' so I decided to give it a try. I must admit, the way people talk about the food produced in this place got me very excited for my first bite. I just couldn't wait to try this new and exotic food called 'rice cereal.' I'm not so sure of their seating methods, however. Their policy of strapping in is a bit much for me."

"Well, the utensils certainly didn't impress. Maybe if you have a set of shiny teeth you would enjoy the feel of metal in your mouth. I, for one, think the owners of 'The Kitchen' could afford to splurge on some more 'gum-friendly' flatware."

"Well, it wasn't the BEST thing I've ever had. A little bland for my tastes, but overall a decent experience. I'll be back. I think 'The Kitchen' just wasn't quite ready for people like me. I'm sure they will be more accomodating the next time I stop by."

8 comments:

Kings said...

ah, she is so freakin cute. i love it! she is growing up way to fast! i'm glad you updated your blog =)

Diane Wright said...

One transition down and 50000 more to go. The next will be crawling is what I think. Thanks for keeping us connected with Lydia's events. Love Gma Diane

Amy said...

wow, those are some adorable faces she's making. especially the last one. She's gorgeous! solids are a fun step!

Ashley said...

She is so adorable and getting so big! I love the one where she has the spoon in her mouth!!

Kings said...

you are so true...i just don't ever do anything high (that sounds funny)...so i forget =) ha

Mindy and Marty said...

um, Ya, give the poor girl some gum-friendly ware! I'll give you some when you come over on Friday , we have a bundle! those pics of Lyd are so precious, she has such an adorable face (as if you didn't know that) I esp. love the first one of her with mouth open , too cute

Dacia said...

You are so fun! Another fun step but the next few months are quite the messy times.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the compliment about Savannah. I think that she is beautiful, but I'm suppose to think that, right!? lol

I wish that I would have had a blog so I could remember all the fun times like you are having with Lydia. It's all a blur from like o to 2 years old! Sad huh!?