Thursday, March 5, 2009

Monterey

We went to Monterey with Ryan's family. It was a perfect day for Monterey- overcast and windy. That's the only way to do a historic coastal town, in my opinion. I loved it.





Lydia's cousin Luci did great, but Lydia had the first ear infection of her life, unbeknownst to us at that time. She had a miserable day- the only times she was happy was when she was eating in the stroller or playing in the sand.



Being with Ryan's family always brings out the goofiness in Ryan. I love it. Here, he's dancing in the streets. What a nerd.



We picked up shells and rocks in this cute little nook.



Lydia loved playing in the sand, and had absolutely no fear when the tide came in.



On our way home, we took the scenic 17 mile drive, which ends at Pebble Beach. I was a little disappointed to find that Pebble Beach is not actually made of pebbles, but the rest of the drive more than made up for that misleading name. =)




I don't remember what this spot is called, but the waves all come in from different directions and violently crash into each other. I've never seen anything like it. The pictures don't capture what I'm talking about. Just take my word for it. It's cool.



3 comments:

Christy said...

i miss monterey! i can't even remember the last time i was at cannery row. and you're right, the best weather is when is foggy and cold...gotta love california beaches!

karen garner said...

What a wonderful family you have

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I LOVE the 17 mile drive!