Friday, November 13, 2009

An Introduction to Cinderella

While I have many Disney princess movies, Lydia hasn't really been exposed to them yet.

My wonderful nieces definitely come from a "Princess House." So when I babysat them the other day, I thought it would be the perfect time to introduce Lydia to Cinderella.

As soon as I mentioned that princess' name, Lydia's cousins began jumping up and down with excitement. Lydia followed suit, jumping and shouting, "Cin-rella Cin-rella."

We all clambered downstairs to the TV room while Abby sweetly held Lydia's hand, asking all the way, "Lydia, who is your favorite princess?"

Little Cameron started asking the question too. They both gave her ideas. "Is it Jasmine? Or Cinderella? Or Belle?"

Lydia had no clue what they were talking about and the questions kept coming, so I had to explain, "Lydia doesn't really know about princesses."

Abby and Cameron looked at me with very confused eyes.

The introduction to Cinderella ended up lasting only about 10 minutes into the movie. By that time, Lydia and Cameron were wandering around, finding toys to play with.

But for those 10 minutes, I had three sweet and very attentive girls to cuddle with.





6 comments:

Kings said...

aw they are so cute together. i love lydias hair. What I would give for a house full of girls ;)

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Unknown said...

I think that Cinderella was Savannah's first Princess too! I don't think that Savannah could pick just one now though. It looks like a fun girl party!

The Tani Family said...

Such cute pictures! You have to take adxantage of these cuddling times!

Linda and Rex said...

I am pretty sure Lydia wasn't aware that there were any other princesses besides herself. How confusing for her. It must have been a rude awakening. She is a special princess that Disney could never duplicate.

The Holyoaks said...

Macy looks just like Abbi when she watches movies. It's that "I'm so comfy and tuned out, don't bother me" look.