Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pigtails

Somehow, Lydia got it in her head that her pigtails are not safe outside. Maybe we made a silly comment sometime on a windy day about how the wind will blow us away. We don't really know. But for several weeks, Lydia held on to a fear that her pigtails would blow away if we were out of doors. At first it was cute. Then, her fear began turning into hysterics if she couldn't get her hands up to protect her precious pigtails fast enough.

I needed to take pictures of her for an article I was writing, but most of the pictures were unusable because she would not let go of those pigtails!






Oh well. Even if her weird obsession ruined my article pictures, at least they make for a good story to laugh about.

11 comments:

Brett said...

One great thing about kids is that they trust their parents implicitly.

One bad thing about kids is that they trust their parents implicitly. (I'm going to have so much fun confusing my girls!)

Kristina P. said...

Rebecca, your daughter is adorable!

And that's too funny about the pigtails.

The Horners said...

Hahaha that's hilarious! What a cutie!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Gee, Lydia...I never thought about this but it makes perfect sense! I'd better start hangin' on to my hair (I can't afford to lose any!)

Mindy and Marty said...

this is why i love toddlers... they do the darndest things....we really are at a fun stage of parenthood.!

Kim said...

Oh my gosh...Lydia is so funny! I wish you guys lived closer so we could have the Lydia experience more often!! Love you guys!

Just Katy said...

Haha. If my hair looked that good I'd want to protect it too.

So how's life as a hardened investigative journalist?

karen garner said...

she is absolutely tooo and soooooooo adorable.!!

The Tani Family said...

So wonderful!

Linda and Rex said...

Pigtails are a precious thing. Don't ya know?

Bassetts said...

That is too funny! Such a cute girl.