Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Anniversary!




Happy 3rd Anniversary to Us!


Last year, since we were childless and Ryan didn't have to work the schedule from you-know-where (he currently works weekends and nights), we got to get away to gorgeous Bryce Canyon in southern Utah.


This year, we had to make do with an at home celebration.

We started the day off with breakfast at Village Inn, Ryan's FAVORITE place to get a skillet.



Then, we headed over to the University of Utah's Museum of Fine Arts, one of my FAVORITE things to do!








Ryan is under the belief that life imitates art.

This is how Ryan enjoys museums. Just kidding. He had a good time. He was just sleepy from the worst schedule in the world. Have I mentioned I hate his schedule?


Normally, my favorite part of any museum is the European paintings, but this time I enjoyed a trip down memory lane as we looked at Meso-American artifacts. One of my favorite classes at BYU was about the art and culture of the Meso-American people, the people of Book of Mormon times. I wrote my research paper on a vase that looked exactly like this one.
In case you're wondering why we let our child go around pantless, it's because she INSISTS on having blowouts EVERY time we try to have an enjoyable outing at a museum. If it's a silent protest to museums, she better get used to them! Her mother is an art historian, after all. (Doesn't that sound cool? I'm an art historian. Well, I took the classes to be one, anyway.)

5 comments:

Mindy and Marty said...

oh my ...we forgot! Happy anniversary! how could we forget....you share it with ruby ...why didn't you remind us at that REALLY fun party you hosted the other day?!! you guys do fun stuff... i am impressed with what you did at bryce and what you did in slc....what a fun couple you are..! i hate his schedule also... see you on sunday!!!!!! i'm bringing cookies- hope thats okay...

Just Katy said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a good time. Ryan's impression is spot on. I'm impressed. Ya'll should come visit out East, we've got some great museums around here.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane Wright said...

You guys really know how to celebrate. Thanks for sharing. Ryan, You did an amazing imitation of your friend at the museum, however, Lydia looks unimpressed. See you in a couple of weeks. ( I hate your schedule too, but I'm proud of you for doing so well in your new job )

Vanessa said...

pantless geez lydia :)