Saturday, April 12, 2008

Temple Square

We love to go to Temple Square, no matter how many times we've been. We thought we would take a tour, since we've never taken one, but the senior missionaries were so talkative, we weren't able to catch up with the group! Oh well; we had fun talking to them! We also got to see an organ recital in the tabernacle, something I've wanted to do for a long time. One guy sat down and played Bach and other composers for a half hour. It was really beautiful, especially with those pipes and the great acoustics in the tabernacle. I've always known an organ CAN sound pretty. I've just never been able to make that happen. I loved it. The lights behind the pipes even changed colors, like in the picture!
It looked like it was a beautiful day outside, but it was (once again) ridiculously cold. Lydia was bummed about the temperature.




These daffodils may make you THINK we are experiencing springtime in Utah, but don't be fooled.



Such a pretty temple.




We had the cover over the stroller, thinking Lydia was asleep. When we decided to check on her, this is how we were greeted!



We love the Savior and are so grateful we have a knowledge of who He is.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love that picture of her!! ahh so cute

Diane Wright said...

What a beautiful granddaughter I have. I love her smile. Can't wait to be there and see it in person.