Thursday, July 17, 2008

Look What I Did

I made a dress for Liddie! Well, a neighbor helped me quite a bit, so I can't take all the credit.

It took a really really long time, and I was so stinkin proud when it was done. I quickly put it on Lydia, only to realize that sizing charts are way off. She's drowning in the dress!

It should fit her like this:



Oh well. It will fit her eventually. Now, I am attempting to do this one on my own.



Do you think I can do it? Well, I am currently on the computer after attempting to work on it and giving up. Maybe Ryan can help me when he comes home. He knows how to sew!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute!! Atleast it didn't end up being too small!!! Sewing is something I want to relearn how to do. Good luck on your next dress

The Holyoaks said...

those patterns are never reliable! i always have to adjust them in order to have them fit just right. good job, though! you have no idea what kind of obsession you're getting yourself into! once I start a project, i just can't stop until it's done. i love to sew!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed. =) I only wish for talents like this one.

Vanessa said...

I am way proud of you!! It is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

wow! i'm seriously impressed..when i have kids i will hire you to be their personal stylist. ;)

Diane Wright said...

Becca, It looks adorable on Lydia and just think, she can wear it for a very long time. The thing I like about you is that you never say "I don't think I can do that" You just jump in and do it. Look at all your blogs. In a couple of months I expect to see you making Lydia's wedding dress already. Anyway, you're doing fabulous. I love the dress. Keep sewing.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I am so proud of you! Sewing is one of the skills I am proudest of - my mom taught me when I was 8 yrs old & I am happy to let you know I kept getting better at it, so don't give up! You will soon be able to "size" as you go so that your creations actually fit Lydia when you're done with them! Good job!