Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Brown

Grandma Brown turns 90 this year, so we had a reunion to celebrate. Most of her gigantous posterity was there. It was a fun party and a good reunion.

My mom used some of Grandma's old dishes for centerpieces. She put a card with each dish, telling where Grandma originally got it. Each grandchild got to take a centerpiece home. Here is one. (The flash completely ruined the picture, but oh well. That's just what you get).



This is the dish I got to take home. Isn't it so pretty? It belonged to my Grandpa Brown's mother- my dad's grandmother and my great grandmother.



Lydia had fun hanging out with Daddy while I tracked down the old-timers to get stories about my Grandpa Brown, who I never met.



Here is our little family with Grandma Brown. We're either not looking at the camera or we're scowling at the camera. Oh well.



I thought this picture was precious. Lydia probably won't have many memories of Great Grandma Brown, so I'm really happy to have such a sweet picture of their first introduction!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

oh yeh was there another one that was better than the 1st? that last one is way cute, good shot vanessa :)

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the whole dishes thing! What a neat momento to have. Happy Birthday G'ma Brown, she is one of the classiest ladies I have ever met. What a great pic of the 3 of you, too!

Middleton said...

That centerpiece idea is so special... what a wonderful celebration and what a beautiful picture you have capturing a very special moment... good job!

Jolena said...

Hello!!! I'm so glad you posted on my blog! It'll be fun to read yours and see what's happening in your life!

Rochelle said...

How fun a reunion! Grandma Brown is sucha sweet lady. I'm glad she got to see all of you guys grow up and start families. Cute pics! Love the dress you made!

Unknown said...

I just want to know...completely off the subject. Where have you been? You haven't blogged in weeks! =) Did you take a vacation?