Friday, November 14, 2008

Dad on a Camel

My dad does not own a T-shirt. When I was in Girl Scouts, we decorated T-shirts for our dads for Father's Day. My devoted daddy dutifully wore my proudly made gray T-shirt with a lovely portrait of a yellow haired girl with a triangle nose. Then, the shirt made it's way into the far recesses of his drawers and never surfaced again. That is the only time in my life I have ever seen him wear a T-shirt. (He must love me a lot!)


Any given Saturday, you can go to my parent's house and find my dad weeding, mowing the lawn, or trimming the bushes, wearing a button down long sleeved shirt. What's more, there's a good chance that button down shirt has been ironed!


So I adore this picture of my dad in Bethany, riding a camel in a button down shirt. (At least it's short sleeved!)


2 comments:

Kings said...

ha i love it. i called you, you didn't call me back...why is that dear?

The McGraths said...

Hilarious! I was lovin' all the pix my move emailed. Are parents are funner than we thought!?? :) I love your family pix on the right. Who did them? Very cute. Your lil' angel is getting soooo BIG! When is the next joining the fam?