Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Didn't Know

Before you were here, there were a lot of things I didn't know.


I didn't know how I would completely fall in love with you the moment I saw you

I didn't know I would be happy to stare at you for hours




I didn't know how much I would love that you depend on me


And how quickly you would become independent- and how much I would miss that dependence.


I didn't know that a smile from you could make every bad thing in life melt away.






I didn't know how quickly you would learn to explore and how much your mind could absorb.




I didn't know that I could possibly be more in love with your dad...until I saw him love you, comfort you, play with you, sing to you, hold you, rock you, and talk to you. And I didn't know how much more I could possibly be in love with your dad until I see your face light up whenever you are with him.







I didn't know how special it is to be on the mother side of the mother/daughter bond.


I didn't know that you would make our family feel so complete.


Happy birthday, my little princess!


17 comments:

Brett said...

That was perfectly written! And such great pictures, I can't believe it's been a year.

Happy Birthday Lydia!!!

alicia said...

aww wow i LOVE this!! i teared up, not gonna lie!! I can't believe she's already a year old!! It really does go by wayy too fast! Happy birthday Lydia! :)

Debbie said...

love these pictures of Lydia. She's adorable. I also just sent $1.00 to the Central Asia Institute. I enjoyed your blog on the book you were giving to someone. So just had to donate the dollar. Enjoy your Christmas season.
Debbie Sell

Ashley said...

Wow I didn't realize she was one already! Time sure flies huh! Such a cutie, hope she has a great first birthday!!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kings said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww
happy birthday Lydia! i love you!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

that was the cutest post every! she is a sweetheart & a doll!

Anonymous said...

amazing rebecca! you did a perfect job :) happy birthday lydia..all your california friends wish we could celebrate with you!

Vanessa said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!
btw that is the best preggo photo ever.

Unknown said...

A year, really!!!! I loved, loved, loved this post! You look hot prego! It looks good on you! AND Lydia is simply adorable!

thetoddfamily said...

that was the sweetest post from the sweetest mom!!!

Camille said...

Lydia will love reading this when she's older. You have a way with words. Happy Birthday Lydia! Becca, you're a great mom. :)

Diane Wright said...

OK, I did cry when I read this, and then I thought about your pre-baby worries and laughed. I'm the luckiest Mother-in-law. You are a wonderful, lovable, intellegent, creative, loving, awsome, careful, sweet, sometimes stubborn (in a good way), hopeful, and many other adjectives I can't think of right now, daughter-in-law. Lydia, cherish your mother as she cherishes you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Love grandma diane

Jacqulyn said...

Rebecca! You made me get all teared up reading this. Its beautiful, and the pictures are so pretty. Hope she had a great birthday.

Linda and Rex said...

I knew. (Sob, sob, sob.)
Love Mom

Middleton said...

That was the most precious post! I didn't know any of that stuff either and I'm so glad the kids have taught me so much. Thanks for sharing!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

CUTENESS! Happy Birthday Lydia -