Friday, December 5, 2008

If you know me, you know I'm all about traditions. So I was really excited when Ryan decided he wanted to start a tradition of bringing home flowers for Lydia on her birthday, one for every year of her life. Look how handsome he is. (Can you find Rebecca in the picture?)



We want to take a picture of Lydia each year with her flowers from Daddy and with her favorite stuffed animal (which is a monkey named Mono, made by our friend Jonathan). We think it will be fun to watch her grow and also to see how Mono changes as she gets older. I'm sure he'll be missing some eyes and/or limbs by the time she's 18.

She's a very active girl, and we had a hard time getting her to stay still while holding Mono AND a flower. (We cut the stem off of the flower so she wouldn't poke her eye out in all her wiggliness).



After one solo picture, we decided Daddy needed to intervene and keep this girl still!



But even Daddy couldn't handle it.








Aaahhh. Finally a decent one. She's offering you, the viewer, her rose while Daddy is holding Mono. It will have to work! I don't think we're gonna get much better!

7 comments:

Linda and Rex said...

Darling. Who needs the monkey? Lydia is a show stopper all by herself.

Jacqulyn said...

That is such a great idea. Very cute.

Christy said...

Very cute idea :) You guys come up with the best things! She is going to love looking back at those pictures.

Vanessa said...

awwww what a perfect tradition perfect :)

Mindy and Marty said...

what a fun tradition, why are you guys so creative and fun-filled...

hopefully next year you won't have to take quite so many shots..?!

Beccs, i LOVED the last post for her b-day, you need to quit being so darn amazing cuz the rest of us 'ordinary women' here are sprinting to keep up and i'm not a sprinter! love ya, thanks for the fun party last night.

Ashley said...

I love the flower idea, I might have to steal it if this one is a girl!!

Diane Wright said...

Thanks for the post, it made me feel OK that I wasn't there for her birthday since I got to see all the fun. I love all your traditions. Love you too.