Monday, January 12, 2009

Obsessions

Not much has been going on around here, but I thought I'd post some recent pics anyway.

Vanessa always takes really cute pictures of herself with her girls- the kind where you just hold the camera out in front of you and take the picture yourself. So I've been trying to do that with Lydia...but it doesn't work. Here, she looks so annoyed.


And here, she thinks her momma is a humongous dork.



Lydia LOVES books, which makes me happy because it took her a while to get that way. I was sure I was going to have an illiterate child. (I'm a panicker...and also very unrealistic in my panicking.)



Maybe I should panic about the girl's obsession with herself, instead. This was taken seconds before she planted a huge, wet kiss on the mirror.



Or perhaps I should panic about her obsession with weird clothes. She loves to get dressed and will come up to me at all times of the day holding some random item of clothing, begging for me to put it on her. I always oblige, so as not to destroy her creative spirit (or maybe just because I think she looks hilarious). Sometimes she will be wearing two shirts, a bib, socks on her hands, a couple of beanies and a coat. Or sometimes she will be wearing my fashionable socks over her fashionable jammies.



I think she has the makings of a fashion designer. What do you think?

9 comments:

Kings said...

aw, i miss her. i need to come up there soon!

The Losee's said...

She is getting so old and so cute!

Middleton said...

I think she is super cute and you are such a fun mom... no need to panic at all.

Just Katy said...

That's awesome! Maybe I would feel better about myself if I gave myself a kiss every morning.

The Horners said...

I agree with Amy! There's nothing wrong with a little fashion! She's adorable!!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

You can begin to panic when she starts picking out YOUR outfits - that's how my "fashionista" daughters dealt with me.

Mindy and Marty said...

definite fashion designer!

Linda and Rex said...

Nobody is putting that girl in a box. She is too independent. Let's see what she comes up with when she is 13.

Linda and Rex said...

buy everything in coordinating colors and let her go.