Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dressing Up

Ok People. We have officially become dorky parents. We knew we would achieve that title eventually, and some may already say we've been the leaders of the Dorky Parents Club for a while. But until this activity, I hadn't put myself in that club yet.

Even so, I will do this sort of thing again and again. I'm re-living the childhood that a house full of teenage boys prevented me from having: Playing dress-up and pretend as a family.

For our Family Home Evening on Monday, we taught the story of Noah's Ark to Lydia. Then, we dressed up in period costume-Lydia with a headscarf and Mommy and Daddy in bathrobes. (Watch for our "Best Costume" nomination in the next Oscars.)




We built a boat,



and gathered the animals.



We brought enough food for 40 days and nights (or 4 minutes) and had a little picnic.

After we had a good snack, we made sure the animals were eating too. It was hard work!

9 comments:

The McGraths said...

uuummmm... I seem to have missed the picture of you both in your robes! Cute Idea, I will have to do this with my little ones. They will love it!

love, lowry said...

I think its great! I need tips like this so keep blogging about your cute ideas!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

As "Fancy Nancy" would say, "Ooh-la-lah!" I'm diggin' the Noah's Ark Theme, too!

Jessica Newman said...

That is the best FHE ever! I have been doing all of our lessons out of the nursery manual, but I love your idea. I guess I am a dorky parent too.

Kings said...

oh my gosh, you guys are so cute. She probably had a blast. I love it!

The Horners said...

Seriously, what a cute idea. You're so creative. I'm doing this one for sure!!! You're full of them!

Diane Wright said...

Where was the cat. Did you forget to bring her on the ark?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karen garner said...

cute ideas - you are such clever parents - and "playing dress-ups" - way too fun :)