Friday, December 11, 2009

2 Year Old Picture with Mono

We had a fun little photo shoot this morning. It's our plan to take a picture of Lydia at each birthday (a few days late this year) with her favorite stuffed animal, Mono (pronounced Moe-no) the Monkey, made by our friend Jonathan. Mono is Monkey in Spanish.

I got the idea from a magazine somewhere. The article suggested taking a picture of your child in the same chair each year to watch how they grow. I thought it would be cuter to see how Lydia (and Mono) age together. So far, he is still intact- all limbs, eyes and ears accounted for.

She's getting much better at holding still for pictures. It helped that she got to hold her little buddy. She was eager to have him be in the pictures with her.






Even though she's getting better at staying in one place, we still had some hiccups.

After hearing the click of my camera, she would say "Awwww....cute picture," then run to see the picture on my screen.

Here is one of many results of her vanity.




Some more "cheese" poses





And here she is with Mono last year. She was so wiggly that Ryan had to hold her still and keep Mono in his hand.

9 comments:

Kings said...

oh my goodness!! can i just eat her up?! she is sooo cute in these pictures!

Jonathan said...

I tried to attach everything very well. I'm glad that Mono is holding up so well=) Hope you guys are well.

Linda and Rex said...

Can her smile get any bigger? Just darling, Lydia, not Mono. Actually he is kinda cute too.

Unknown said...

You have great taste in clothes!!! {wink, wink}

What a fun idea, maybe with my next child I can do this...because I think I might be too late.

Of course she is absolutely adorable.

Christy said...

oh my gosh, i can't believe how different the one year old picture is! she is such a big girl now!! i love this idea, and i'm letting you know right now that i'm stealing it for my future children :)

Diane Wright said...

ONE YEAR MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN LYDIA, BUT NOT SO MUCH IN MONO. HER PONY TAILS ARE LOOKING LONGER AND HER SMILE BIGGER THAT'S FOR SURE

Diane Wright said...

ONE YEAR MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN LYDIA, BUT NOT SO MUCH IN MONO. HER PONY TAILS ARE LOOKING LONGER AND HER SMILE BIGGER THAT'S FOR SURE

Diane Wright said...

ONE YEAR MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN LYDIA, BUT NOT SO MUCH IN MONO. HER PONY TAILS ARE LOOKING LONGER AND HER SMILE BIGGER THAT'S FOR SURE

The Horners said...

What a cutie! I loves those boots and those pigtails!