Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Dress

Lydia received this dress from her Grandma Brown as a birthday present.





We immediately tried it on. It didn't fit across her back. I was devastated (because it really is the cutest dress ever), but my smart momma had sent a gift receipt along with the dress.


The very next day, Ryan headed out to our closest mall to exchange the dress for a bigger size at JCPenney, only to find that there was no JCPenney at that mall (even though we were both positive there was). He was then sent on a wild goose chase by google text for the next hour or so.


He finally found a JCPenney, only to find that they did not have the dress!


I called every JCPenney within driving distance (and there are a lot!). Not one of them had the dress. Meanwhile, my mom drove to 2 JCPenneys in California and was unable to find the dress.


I checked the internet. Sold out.


So finally, I decided to just exchange the dress for something else. I found a few items at the store, took Lydia into the dressing room and began trying on. A thought came to me: try the polka dot dress on her one more time.


Feeling silly, I did. As I put it over her head, I realized the bow could be untied, something I hadn't noticed before. Once I untied the bow, the dress slipped easily over her head, and adjusted just fine to her little body.


It fit perfect.


She'll be wearing this dress every day until she outgrows it. Just to make the effort of 3 people in 2 states worth it!

5 comments:

Christy said...

That dress is super cute!! I still can't get over how fast she is growing :)

Diane Wright said...

That is the cutest dress and I'm so happy that it fits. That girl is kinda cute too.

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Randomly blog hopping today! That story is HILARIOUS! I would TOTALLY make my Lil Chick wear it until it shredded just from the effort y'all put in :)

Linda and Rex said...

Not sure that Lydia finds it so cute or was she just tired of the hassle? It was worth it because she is such a doll in it.

Linda said...

hi