Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The International Peace Gardens

I was browsing a "Things to Do" in Utah list and saw The International Peace Gardens on it. It's free (and I LOVE free!) so we decided to give it a visit. It's divided into sections for different countries. Salt Lake residents from those countries were in charge of building each section. We loved it!

This is Wales. A harp in the middle of a field. We're not sure what that means, but apparently, it's Welsch.

I think this was China
France

Japan. Notice the blossoms in the back! Doesn't it remind you of Mulan (even though Mulan was in China, not Japan)?
If you knew me during college, you will remember my mild obsession with Canada and all things Canadian. I had to take a picture here, even though the gardens didn't look very Canadian in my "knowledgeable" opinion!
It was kind of like a mini Epcot center without rides or excitement!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure that this is where Vanessa is holding her next Nature Day!? Wanna go again!? I would love to see you!! and your not so much a baby too!

Bassetts said...

I'm going to have to check out that website. We don't get out enough. We're getting better now that Keira is older. Free is great too! What a fun idea.

Mindy and Marty said...

this and the planetarium look cool...
how do you find these things...oh yeah the things to do in utah list...
i am much like you in the FREE zone.
everything is worth trying if there's no cost attached. Luvs

Kara's Party Ideas said...

yay, a new place to go! thanks for the idea! i love doing things like that!

Diane Wright said...

make sure you check that site for when I come at Thanksgiving. You are really good at finding great adventures. Maybe you should be an activity planner for some......I don't know, but something. You are so good at it. Everything Canadian, what was that about?

Linda and Rex said...

How beautiful and unique. It is so great that you are learning about all the fun stuff in your area.

The McGraths said...

It cracks me up at how much there is to do there! or close! I was always so bored when I was there.