Thursday, May 7, 2009

Visit With The Grandmas

I miss my mama. We were so lucky to have my mom and grandma come visit us for Women's Conference at BYU this past weekend. Women's Conference is a HUGE conference fit into 2 days of classes with subjects about the gospel of Jesus Christ, families, marriage, parenting, personal spirituality, service, etc. It's so uplifting to be taught about such important subjects. And so wonderful to share that time with my mom...



...and grandma, aunt, sister in law, and 5 beautiful cousins who I don't get to see nearly enough.



After Women's Conference, we spent the rest of the weekend cramming as much fun as two worn out grandmas, several nap-deprived toddlers, and ever-patient parents (haha) could handle! Here are the beautiful babes at the park. I lovingly borrowed (totally stole without asking) all of these pictures from my mom.




This was NOT funny at the time, but this picture of Lydia totally biffing it is just so perfectly timed. Adalyn and Abby's reactions to Liddie-bug's fall is hilarious. And the other two babies are completely oblivious to their cousin's impending disaster.



She did, indeed, fall flat on her back, and it was rather traumatic for her Lyida-obsessed mother to witness. But luckily, Daddy was there in an instant to console her. (Do any other moms have a hard time letting dads console crying babies? I know he is perfectly capable and always does a perfect job, but it takes everything in me to not snatch her away and comfort her myself.)


Here are the grandmas with their beautiful girls. Great Grandma Middleton and Grandma Brown.

6 comments:

Diane Wright said...

OK, I feel left out and just a little envious of all the other grandmas. Lydia, I love you too. How funny that you verbalized something that most everyone feels, yep, I always felt I was the one that should comfort sad and injured babies & children. I'm glad you let Ryan do the job.

Unknown said...

I need your e-mail address so that I can send you some pics...or you can just e-mail me sellbabyphat {at} gmail {dot} com!

The McGraths said...

So fun! I wish I could have been there with ya'll!

Just Katy said...

Ha HA! Glad Lydia was okay. Every time I see women's conference I think of you. I'm glad you got to go.

The Horners said...

Yes. I have that very same desire to snatch a crying baby away!

Middleton said...

Cute cute cute! Love the cousin pics!