Friday, May 22, 2009

Don't Go Snowboarding

When I was in college, there were a couple robberies near my dorm by a group of people who happened to be Polynesian. Our dorm hall had a meeting where we were informed of the robberies and told to be careful. After the meeting, to sum up, our "enlightened" RA (Resident Assistant? Is that what that stands for?) told us, "So, basically, if you see any Polynesians, stay away and be careful."

What totally NOT inappropriate advice and thought! And by "totally NOT inappropriate," I mean "completely backwards and ignorant."

I'm applying that same reasoning to our current situation. Ryan recently had shoulder surgery to repair a tear. Where did the tear come from? 10 years ago, he did a stupid stunt while snowboarding, landed on his shoulder, and never went to see a doctor. The tear has become worse over the years, and has been incredibly painful in most recent months.

Moral of the story? Well, it's obvious, isn't it? Don't go snowboarding.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew there was a reason why I have never gone snowboarding. That sounds painful! Get well soon!

The McGraths said...

HAHAHA! That stinks! I always think about how difficult it would be to be an adult with a broken anything. Yikes! WEll hopefully you will get better quick!

Brett said...

I love it... ignorant people are annoying. So are injuries.