Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Clothes and Ridiculous Pictures

I got an amazing deal at Carter's (the children's clothing store) this weekend. I spent $40 for $120 of clothes. I'm terrible at spending money (I absolutely can NOT do it), but my friend helped me navigate the sales and my fear of spending, and I came away with a boatload of much needed summer clothes for my growing Lydia.

I wanted to illustrate my post with sweet pictures of Lydia in her new clothes, but Lydia doesn't do well for pictures. How do the rest of you do it with your kids? Everyone else has amazingly posed pictures of their children, and my child...

1. notices the squirt bottle mid "Cheese" and starts to squirt her face



2. tries to grab the camera from my hands



3. somehow bumps her head and needs a kiss




4. or just starts crying because her shoes are on and we aren't leaving the house!


2 comments:

Brett said...

There's a secret for taking great photos of your little one... take a million of them.

It's really all about odds; if you've got 1,000,000 photographs, odds are that one of them will turn out. Thank goodness for digital cameras, we could never get away with this if we were using film.

She looks great though, what a cutie!

Diane Wright said...

OK, so she isn't posed, but she is being Lydia and, Lydia being Lydia makes for fun pictures and Becca comments are worth as much as the pictures. Keep snapping those pictures.